Vietnam Travel - Cu Chi Underground Tunnel System

Vietnam Travel - Cu Chi Underground Tunnel System

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Historic Exploit - Cu Chi Undergroud Tunnel System

From the center of Ho Chi Minh City going North-West along Road 7, then Road 22, then Road 15, about 70 km one comes to Cu Chi Underground tunnels. Lying deep below a green forest, the Underground tunnel system is still full of mystery magnificent appearance of the wonders existing many centuries such as pyramid, Babylon suspended Garden, Angco Vat. But it is a great exploit with 200 km of subways crisscrossing In different direction like a cobweb, created by human labors in very difficult conditions. For Vietnam travel historic exploit, Cu Chi Underground Tunnel System should be right destination.The exploit of the underground system has exceeded the human imaginations. Should you enter in a multiple and battle-tested army that was armed with modern and sophisticated weapons.

Cu Chi Rescue Centre Saves 270 Beasts In One Month

Around 90% of the animals are confiscated from wild animal traffickers by the local Forest Protection Agency in HCM City. The remaining 10% are voluntarily handed over by breeders.

Animals at the centre include pangolins, iguanas, water-rats, gibbons, Malayan bears, many-coloured boas, sloth-monkeys and tortoises.

According to WAR, popular diseases caught by confiscated wild animals are exhaustion or having injuries because they are confined in poor conditions.

Other animals can have infectious diseases in nature so they must be isolated for quarantine for at least three months. It is up to 6 months in isolation for ill reptiles.

At present 130 breasts are at the rescue centre, accounting for 48%. The remaining have been released to the forest, transferred to other rescue centers or to suitable preservation zones.

Trying Biking Tours in The Heart of Mekong Delta

The adventurous trips lead riders through a series of small paths, luscious green fields and tropical fruit orchards with the resort’s own fleet of quality mountain bikes.

The biking routes range from 57 to 87 kilometers with a choice of different itineraries and are suitable for most people with normal fitness levels. Highlights include small river crossings on local boats, handicraft and rice paper making villages and the famous little town of Sa Dec, where Marguerite Duras, a French author of the well-known novel The Lover, spent her childhood.

Guests who wish to extend their biking tour with a luxurious treat can opt for the Can Tho – Long Xuyen – Chau Doc itinerary, mixing biking and cruising aboard our converted traditional rice barge, Le Jarai.

They will be able to feast on a freshly prepared lunch, enjoy massages, cooking class or even sunbath on the upper deck while relaxing in the tranquility of the Mekong.

For a more cultural experience, the Long Xuyen – Chau Doc route will take guests through small provincial towns to see Cham villages as well as Muslim mosques near the Cambodian border, renowned for an eclectic mix of Cham, Khmer, Chinese and Vietnamese cultures.

Victoria Can Tho offers biking tours at prices starting from US$97 per person upwards, including professional mountain bikes, safety helmets, a repair kit and a supporting mini van at disposal at all times.

* Victoria Hotels & Resorts has been accepted to be an Associate Member of the prestigious United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA) whose motto is “Integrity in Tourism” and it is one of the biggest associations in North America for tour operators.

Members of USTOA, who represent the entire spectrum of vacation packages and tours available, are required to adhere to strict code of ethics in order to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and services, as well as demonstrate ethical and financial responsibility in their business conduct.